My longlasting Friendship with Masala Puri


My longlasting Friendship with Masala Puri

Disclaimer: This post on the 'Masala-Puri's (Poori's) are not imaginary and does not have resemblece with any or all of the 'Puri's both living and dead (or humm.., dead in your stomach:)). The Masala does signify the typical Bollywood Masala or other types of Hot Masala's. Its just a mere coincidence if you remeber any of those hot Masala's or Puri's(Poori's) seperatly or all together.

If my friends are waiting for a post on my travelling experiences to Germany then they have to wait for a while :). Now if you are wondering, What on the earth made me to write something on 'Masala Puri' (not to be pronunced as 'Masaaalaa Pooooori' like typica westerns.) then here you go.

After i landed here in germany, i have no way but to eat Food from TaajMohal: A expensive Indian resturant (?! I wonder why cant these guys come up with different name then Taj-Mahal always) or Fastfood resturant (Can you actually call them returants?!, humm). Its same food day after day then i couldnot help thinking about my Favorite 'Masala Puri'(drip..drip..drip..slurrrp).

After Eating the same Fast Food I was thinking about our own Desi Fast Food 'Pani-Poori and 'Masala Puri', I couldn't stop imagining these foods are being served in Fast Food resturants (Phir se returants?!) like Burger King, McDonalds Subway etc. I have eaten best chatts in Bangalore and Hyderabad along with my good friends (huh?!,Now if you are wondering from where these 'friends' come from?, ahem.. actually-I was broswsing thru a really interesting blog by Kushi, in which the phases of 'Friendship' was mentioned in various stages of life and I coundn't stop remebering all my friends who shared my Masala Puri :) and oh,yeah..... my friendship too!)

My first experience with Masala Puri was with Venkatesha in Shimoga, where i was studying my 10th. During those days we alwasys ate everyday very good, tasty, and Spicy( I will not get into more details because aab! Control nahi hota, yaha Mc Donalds mein bait kar.) for just Rs/- 2 ( ya! beleive me. and its also 2/- only for burger but in Euro ie. One Euro X.....sigh!).

It was always a treat to go with 'Venka', during the evenings and watch a Jackie Chan Movie in a very famous dabba theatre 'Manjunatha' in shimoga, which we fondly called it as our 'Mavana Mane!', (Now, dont get idea's how can we have both have same Mava?!!!, Come on Be Positive, or like mine O +ve, Mava can have many daughters, right?! ;)). The Masala puri mixed with Masala and hot green-peas and dressed with Tomatto and Onions,also Karabonodi on the top of it. wow it was a moment to cherish forever. These are the days when Venka and I bonded together to be Best Friends for forever. Though he still lives in Shimoga, I moved on to more greener pasters but never found the Same Masala puri and Same Friend. ...Until.....

I moved to Bangalore and made new friends and some really closest pals and surprisingly i tasted the Masala Puri of a different kind here and ofcourse costilier then Rs. 2/-. Though the Basic ingredient remained same, here i had the option of Masla Puri mixed with 'Samoosa' or 'cutlet' and many more. I again fell in love with My favourite Masala Puri all over again. Not to mention the friends who were regular company during my 'Masla Puri Yatra' (Don't confuse yourself with 'Jaganath Puri Yatra' :)). Many times it also became my Dinner as i did not had the patience to cook for myself. Though my friends did not shared my passion towards Masala Puri But they followed me whenever i went for 'Masala Puri Yatra'. It even happend that the Gadi owner 'Sanjay' (A typical bihari) used to start prepare Masala Puri even before i park my Suzuki Samurai infornt of his 'Gadi' and he never missed to give me a extra 'Sweet-Poori' before i did payment. Such a sweet chap.

This continued during my struggle days also after PG when Bharath joined me and we became much biggers lovers of Masala Puri. Like a typical mangalorean he liked his masala puri 'Sweet!!', though we ate Masala puri and Charmuri in Kadri-Park Mangalore, but the taste of these poori's are no match for what we ate in Bangalore ( Infact In Mangalore you wont get a decent Masala Puri, they make it just sweet poori which is not tasty and you cant actually call them Masala Puri). At times i ate more Masala puri then my fav. Maggie (did anybody said Yux). and Bisi-bele bath.

Nomatter, wherever i had been i always looked for good Masala Puri err. Good Friends as well... I ate authentic Masala Puri's (read Genuine Friends) also localized/mixed Masala Puri's (read -people with mixed interest or interest of their own in you!) and Many Sweet -Poori's (read Really cute,nice and sweet Friends). Many time people made me eat 'Khara' Masala poori and burnt my Tongue (!?) But I also ate good Sweet Masala poori and sometime 'Mediam Khara' Masala poori and enjoyed each one of them in their own way. The same things goes with my friendship with many 'Nice people' and with 'Not So Nice people' too. Many shared my Masala Puri from 'By-Two' to 'Full-to' (?!) and Khara to Mediam with or without pani...Despite my all my 'Khara' Masala puri's I still love my Masala-Puri's and ready to eat many more 'Khara' puri's too. And I will always enjoy eating Masala-puris, so do my friendships too.

The only way to have a friend is to be one.

Comments

Khushi said…
ha ha ha...
masala puri and friends... en analogy :D
Prashanth CM said…
Hi kushi,

yup!, Friends are like Masla Puri's Kuch katta, and lots of meeta's. :)

Danke for posting maiden comment.
-Prashanth CM
Manoj said…
Dude,
You need to be back to india and visit some nice eatouts :)
i will give you company.
Prashanth CM said…
Yope Mannu bhai,
Totally agree with you.

No I am back to chennai, so from where should we start now? :),

Its very hot in chennai and we will settle down for some Kool Drinks as of now, what say?.
madhu said…
kadri is not the place to eat masala puri,ur friend doesnt know where to find good masala puri.simply dont comment on the things when u dont have real idea.
Prashanth CM said…
Hi Cold,
First of all Thankyou very much for visiting my blog and commenting too :)

well my friend, If i havent tasted Good masala puri yet in mangalore then please suggest me some...

Being a True Blue mangalorean myself i still havent found good authentic masala puri's what i have found in some other places. I dont consider 'magalorised' masala puri as authentic or good masala puri, or this is not the food i miss from my own native mangalore. For rest of all Bangude Gasi and Kori rotti's and Neer Dose (& many more...) there is no match in the whole world. period. :) yummy...What say? buddy...

PS:Thanx again for visitng... Keep visiting for many more.

Popular posts from this blog

History of Kudla -Series I

And you thought only bangalore can do this...

A Beautiful Poem by my friend- Abhishek Pandey