Do you like me? ...



This incident was told to me by my dear father and I cant stop laughing when ever some body asks me to teach 'Tulu' (A sweet spoken language from sourth Karnataka with histroy of its own, and my mother tounge,... coincidently Aishwarya Rai's too :)).

It all happened when one of my dady's colleague (a young beautiful one) showed her interest in learning Tulu and requested my dad to teach one Tulu sentence per day. My dad who till this date speaks un adulterated Mangalorean Kannada readily agreed to teach her some Tulu.

Like any typical language learning excercises she made note of common spoken sentences like "Oota aitha?..." in kannada into Tulu and so on.

She wrote down the Tulu sentence for "Oota aitha?..." as "Daneye vanas aanda?..." (What man, had lunch?...) and very excited on learning a new language.

Everything went well until one day she decided to experiment her new found Prowess on a fellow lecturer (who is a mangalorean) who is the most eligible bachelor in the institute by saying "Daneye 'manas' aanda?... " in front of everybody

Err...The guy was almost fainted & perspiring when he herd a beautiful dame asking him "Daneye 'manas' aanda?..." openly in front of entire office.

(ah!,Perfect Dream song sequence with 2000 dancers around...Cut to)

The dame was in full blushing when she was told about her goof-up, she made by saying 'manas' instead of 'vanas' because the translation goes something like "What man, Do you like me?"...


PS: Now you know a easy way to propose a mangalorean girl/guy by saying "Manas aanda?..." of course on the pretext of learning Tulu :), what say?, No blushings please.


Humor is a universal language.

Comments

Nishu said…
only if ash is there.. i may try..

I think its a famous joke in tulu..since i've told it earlier also..and many other related stuffs too..

A heated debate erupts whenever a there's a discussion whether tulu came from kannada or viceversa!! LOL!!

Udupi/magalorean are tough fans of tulu!!
(^_^)

p.s... Can u can remove word verification.. u are already moderating it!!
Prashanth CM said…
Do you remeber Maggie-chilli sauce ad...same way argument continues...
It's Different.

Impressed with your tulu knowledge :)

p.s: removed :)

Popular posts from this blog

History of Kudla -Series I

And you thought only bangalore can do this...

A Beautiful Poem by my friend- Abhishek Pandey